Banana – 2 nos. (crushed)
Walnut – 1 cup
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon – 1 tsp.
Oil – 1/2 cup
Egg – 2 nos.
Sugar – 2 cups
Baking soda – 2 tsp.
1. Mix eggs and sugar and beat them till they are smooth and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla essence and oil and mix them until they are blended together. These are the wet ingredients.
3. Mix all purpose flour, wheat flour, cinnamon and baking soda. This will be the dry mixture.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
5. Add the crushed bananas and walnuts to the combined batter.
6. Butter the dish and pour the mixture. Pre heat the oven to 350 deg. C and bake the batter for 20-25 mins.
Enjoy your banana bread.
1. Mustard seeds – 1tsp.
2. Urad da – 1 tbsp.
3. Jeera seeds – 1 tbsp.
4. Green Chilly – 2 nos.
5. Curry leaves – 5 nos.
6. Coriander – 2 tbsp. (chopped)
7. Garlic – 2 cloves
8. Onion – 1 no. (Chopped)
9. Tomato – 2 nos. (Chopped)
10. Oil – 1 tbsp.
1. Heat oil in a a pan.
2. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, jeera seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, urad dal, garlic and oinions.
3. Stir untill onions are light brown, then add tomatoes and coriander.
4. Cook for 20 mins. on low flame.
5. Grind it into a coarse paste and enjoy!
The color, Orange is bright, exciting and vibrant. The five things I would like to be orange – my comforter, bathroom mat, doormat, table coasters and few dresses. I thought the best color for me would be pink. When I was young, my majority of the dresses used to be pink. May be all girls like pink. But later on I realized my perfect color to be orange. You would wonder why this simple thing is so important and has been a title for an article. But few things might be interesting and yet simple. I have heard people say that when they dress properly they are confident and stuff like that. I may not agree on that. But I will have to admit that when I wear an orange dress I feel happy, it reflects on my face. You may argue it to be psychological; that might be true! I like the color, it makes me feel right. Any experience about the colors in your life. Please do share them with me!
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Butter – 1 tbsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
1. Mix eggs, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla essence in a cup. These are the wet ingredients.
2. Mix all purpose flour, wheat flour and baking soda. These are the dry ingredients.
3. Mix dry ingredients to the wet ones.
4. Do not beat the batter. Just mix them till they are combined.
5. Pour the batter on a hot pan and drizzle with butter. Enjoy!
I would like to talk about the prevailing friction materials for automotive purposes. Brakes are an essential part of any automobile and it is achieved by friction between the surfaces. For this purpose a brake friction materials is used in all drum and disc brakes. These materials are a combination of 15-20 different ingredients. Although each manufacturer have their custom made propitiatory material, all of them have to achieve certain friction properties like coefficient of friction, wear, wear rates, etc.,. About a decade ago, asbestos materials were the most popular ones in this field and because of their properties they were called as ‘magic materials’. Later on, these materials were classified to be carcinogenic in nature and various governmental agencies banned the use of these materials for braking purposes. This led to an in-depth study of these materials and a search for new materials became a necessity. Although lot of data is not available on the previously used materials, they were known to use asbestos fibers in all the compositions. A single substitute for asbestos has not been found yet but the materials used in recent past has a combination of other fibers. There has been some experiments revealing other fibers to be carcinogenic too, but still unknown.
I would like to share an incident that happened on the first day of my college. Let me first tell you some interesting facts about my college. Its a really huge campus – around 700 acres! They are very cautious about air pollution and hence students are allowed to use their bicycles for commuting. No fuel operated vehicles. They have battery operated buses running once in 15 mins from hostels to departments to gates, etc.,. My hometown was 400 kilometers away and so my Dad came along to drop me off at college just the day before my classes started. Dad and I cleaned my hostel room for almost 3 hours and since it was my first time out of home he thought he would stay with me for the whole day. My Dad’s friend had come to see him and bought some apples for me. I left it on my study table and started arranging my room. My Dad’s train was at 6 in the evening and he started from my hostel by 4pm. The bus stop for the battery operated vehicles were few yards away from my room. I just went with him and tears were dropping from my eyes. He said “You have been a brave child for all these years and I am confident that you will achieve success”. I felt a till okay but still had a lonely feeling and then started returning to my room. To my astonishment, my room was a mess. The apples given by my Dad’s friend was scattered all over the room, lot of markings with sand on the wall, my bedspread was torn, etc.,. I realized what had happened. My room door was locked but the window was open and I remembered my warden telling me that there are a lot of monkeys around the place. I could spot one of the monkeys that had created the mess sitting just outside the window. I started screaming and my neighbors came over to see ! Oh my God, I still remember that very same moment of my life! Then it took a while for me to clean the entire room again. After that I went to the next room and knocked it. Din’t know that I will find one of my best friends then. We had a good chat and went for dinner together to mess. That was a great day! Nest morning I got ready and before I left for my classes I did not forget to lock my windows and doors. Had a great bunch of classmates and had a very good time. May be you will find some of my college stories in my blog.
Hi Everyone, I did some Avial today and my husband just loved it! Here is the recipe.
Carrots – 2 nos.
Beans – 10 nos.
White Pumpkin – a small slice
Drumstick – 1 no.
Peas – 1/2 cup
Cauliflower – 1/2 cup
Shallot – 1 no.
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp.
Jeera – 2 tsp.
Coriander seeds – 2 tsp.
Green chillies – 2 nos.
Curry leaves – 2tsp. (finely chopped)
Curd – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Coconut oil – 2 tsp.
1. Boil all the vegetables till they are fork tender / in the cooker for 10 mins.
2. Grind coconut, green chilli, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and jeera into a fine paste.
3. Place a pan on medium heat with coconut oil. Add curry leaves, the ground mixture and curd.
4. Once the mixture starts to boil, add the vegetables. Just mix the vegetables till they are well coated with the gravy.
5. Add coriander leaves to garnish.
I am sure that you and your loved ones will enjoy the avial.